GNU Radio Fosphor installation on system with AMD CPU

Hey everyone,

I’m currently implementing a GNU Radio flowgraph that makes use of Osmocom’s fosphor / the GNU Radio module “gr-fosphor” following this installation guide: Fosphor - SDR (Software Defined Radio) - Open Source Mobile Communications

I am on a system that uses an AMD CPU but since AMD stopped supporting OpenGL I had to switch to an alternative (POCL in my case, also mentioned in the guide). The installation so far seemed successful but when trying to start Fosphor I get this error:

[!] CL Error (-1001, /home/.../fosphor/gr-fosphor/lib/fosphor/cl.c:286): Unable to fetch platform IDs`

[!] No suitable OpenCL device found"

The guide also mentioned this error, specifically related to AMD CPUs:

When running python flowgraphs on machines with AMD graphics (fglrx driver) and UHD enabled in gr-osmosdr you may experience the following error [!] CL Error (-1001, fosphor/cl.c:268): Unable to fetch platform IDs. This is due to TLS sections in both, AMD OpenCL library and UHD library interfering with each other. A workaround is available through preloading the AMD OpenCL library LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libamdocl64.so osmocom_fft -F (path may vary). C++ flowgraphs are not affected.

I cannot follow this tip as I do not have the AMD OpenCL library installed. The only comparable library from POCL I was able to find on my system is libOpenCL.so. However, when I try running

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libOpenCL.so ./fft_norfnoc.py

The error persists. The python script mentioned above is simply my GNU Radio flowgraph.

I would be very glad to hear any help or pointers on how to solve this problem.

Thank you and regards
Luca

First … don’t trust that guide too much, it’s … very outdated.

Truth is there are so many variation and drivers and stuff that it’s impossible for us to maintain an up-to-date comprehensive list.

So now : you say “AMD CPU” ? But what matter is the GPU you use, so do you mean you have a AMD Ryzen or so and you use the iGPU inside those ? If so : Which model exactly ?

I’m not sure what you mean by “AMD stopped supporting OpenGL” … OpenGL is still very much supported and for most AMD GPU is provided by Mesa directly.

OpenCL on the other hand is another matter … but I’ll need to know exactly which GPU you’re working with to know what the options are.

[Edited because I mixed up “OpenCL” with “OpenGL”]

Hey there, thank you for your fast reply.

The server I use does not have a GPU, that’s why I’ve been going for the CPU implementation of OpenCL at first. My information that AMD stopped supporting OpenCL for CPUs is from here: What is going on with OpenCL and Ryzen? - AMD Community. I’m on a Linux system and wasn’t able to find a OpenCL implementation so far.

The server’s CPU is an AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16-Core Processor, you can find more information here: https://www.amd.com/en/product/12151 Under “Graphics Capabilities” it says that it uses Integrated Graphics, specifically AMD Radeon Graphics.

Does this mean that I actually am able to use a GPU implementation? If not, how would you go on? I hope I was able to provide all information you needed

So I’m assuming the screen is connected to that machine (fosphor wouldn’t work through X forwarding or anything like that), so it had to have a GPU somewhere :slight_smile:

And indeed the 7950X has a built-in iGPU and should be able to be used for fosphor.

Before I dig further, a bit of terminology reminder (simplified):

• “Mesa” is the project that provides Free Software implementation of various 3D/Compute API for multiple vendors : OpenGL / OpenCL / Vulkan / …
  • “Gallium” is the name of the internal API between “vendor specific” drivers inside Mesa and the generic part that implement the user visible API (OpenGL / OpenCL / …)

As far as compute stacks that will work with your particular GPU, there are several options :

• ROCM : This is the official Compute stack from AMD and it includes OpenCL support. Unfortunately their support for iGPU is not quite official so you have to override some checks to enable it. I think for that iGPU it would be export HSA_OVERRIDE_GFX_VERSION=10.3.6 but I don’t have it so can’t be sure.

• RustiCL: This is a new OpenCL stack from Mesa project itself. It’s usually not enabled by default, so you need to export RUSTICL_ENABLE=radeonsi to enable it to work over the radeon Gallium driver. I tested and RustiCL definitely can run fosphor.

• Clover: This is a previous OpenCL stack from Mesa well, I’m not 100% sure if it has all the support required to run fosphor, I don’t think I have ever tried.

There is also of course the option to not use any of the GPU and just run on your CPU:

• POCL: This is a Free Software CPU runtime. I’ve just tested and fosphor runs on it if you use the latest version (4.0) and if you compile it with CONFORMANCE disabled ( part of it is not 100% conformant to spec and they disable those parts if you have this option enabled, but we need those parts for fosphor).

• Intel OpenCL CPU runtime: This was provided by Intel to run on their CPU but of course it was working on any modern x86 CPU. They seem to have discontinued it to promote their “oneAPI” stuff … You can still download some file from here but you’ll need to juggle a bit to make it work on your setup ( unpack some RPM, place stuff at the right spot … ). I know it used to run fosphor back in the days, but I couldn’t immediately make it work on my newer laptop … didn’t dig much though.

The best method to install / setup any of those is very dependent on your distribution however so I’m not sure I can provide much help there.

As a side note, I saw a post from you on the GR mailing list : Are you trying to setup “RFNoC fosphor” or “fosphor” ? Theses are very different projects …

• fosphor / gr-fopshor : This is all done on CPU/GPU and doesn’t depend on any particular hardware.

• RFNoC fosphor : This is specific to Ettus RFNoC platform and although the display is meant to look like the former, the bulk of the computing is done in a FPGA and then on the GNURadio side you just have a block that handles the rendering of the data to screen.

They have nothing in common. Well … they have me since I wrote both, but from software components to install, they are independent.

First of all, thank you very much for your extensive reply. Also it’s very thoughtful of you for explaining the different terms and components :slight_smile: I’m still quite inexperienced in that area

So I’m assuming the screen is connected to that machine

So far I’m using VNC to access the screen remotely but it’s also possible to connect a screen to the machine.

ROCM : This is the official Compute stack from AMD and it includes OpenCL support.

Mentioning ROCM, I have installed the AMD Radeon Graphics driver in the meantime: https://www.amd.com/en/support/linux-drivers

It’s possible to install ROCm over a flag:

sudo amdgpu-install --rocmrelease=...

Also when speaking of exporting e.g. HSA_OVERRIDE_GFX_VERSION are you just referring to exporting Linux system variables?

I’ve just tested and fosphor runs on it if you use the latest version (4.0) and if you compile it with CONFORMANCE disabled

Very nice to know, I’m gonna re-install POCL with conformance disabled then.

The best method to install / setup any of those is very dependent on your distribution however so I’m not sure I can provide much help there.

My distro is the latest version of Debian, Debian 12.

As a side note, I saw a post from you on the GR mailing list

Great to see you on the GR mailing list as well :slight_smile: Hope you don’t mind that I double-posted here and there but considering the small communities, the more the merrier I guess.

Considering that I’ve also had quite a few troubles with the Ettus FPGA, I first wanted to make sure that gr-fosphor is working before moving on to RFNoC fosphor. Doesn’t RFNoC fosphor require the drivers, OpenCL, … as well?

Not really sure how that works. If there is a real X server running on the GPU and then just sending the frame, it might work, but if it’s not tied to the GPU then it might not.

Do OpenGL apps work ? Things like glxgears or even just glxinfo ( or eglinfo maybe if it’s wayland based). The result of the latter (glx/egl) would be interesting to see if you can post them on pastebin or such.

Ok, you can check if that worked by using the clinfo utility, it should show your GPU.

Yes

No, the RFNoC version doesn’t need OpenCL at all. It uses OpenGL only. The “C” is for “Compute” and all the computation is done in the FPGA and we just need the “G” for “Graphics” to display the result.

Additional info in the meantime: After having installed the AMD drivers over

sudo amdgpu-install --opencl=legacy --accept-eula

I have gotten this output when running clinfo:

Number of platforms                               2
  Platform Name                                   rusticl
  Platform Vendor                                 Mesa/X.org
  Platform Version                                OpenCL 3.0
  Platform Profile                                FULL_PROFILE
  Platform Extensions                             cl_khr_icd
  Platform Extensions with Version                cl_khr_icd                                                       0x400000 (1.0.0)
  Platform Numeric Version                        0xc00000 (3.0.0)
  Platform Extensions function suffix             MESA
  Platform Host timer resolution                  0ns

Platform Name                                   Clover
  Platform Vendor                                 Mesa
  Platform Version                                OpenCL 1.1 Mesa 22.3.6

Number of devices                                 0

NULL platform behavior
  clGetPlatformInfo(NULL, CL_PLATFORM_NAME, ...)  rusticl
  clGetDeviceIDs(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ALL, ...)   <error: 0 devices, multiple matching platforms!>
  clCreateContext(NULL, ...) [default]            No devices found in platform
  clCreateContext(NULL, ...) [other]              <error: no devices in non-default plaforms>
  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_DEFAULT)  No devices found in platform
  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU)  No devices found in platform
  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_GPU)  No devices found in platform
  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ACCELERATOR)  No devices found in platform
  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CUSTOM)  No devices found in platform
  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ALL)  No devices found in platform

ICD loader properties
  ICD loader Name                                 OpenCL ICD Loader
  ICD loader Vendor                               OCL Icd free software
  ICD loader Version                              2.3.1
  ICD loader Profile                              OpenCL 3.0

Before having installed the drivers, Number of platforms was 0 . Would you be able to say that this an indication for a correct installation?

So first, make sure to check my previous post, it seems we posted seconds appart so you might have missed it :sweat_smile:

From that clinfo it seems to have installed two platforms I mentioned earlier :

• RustiCL
  • Clover

That’s probably because installing the AMD driver from AMD installed new mesa libraries compiled by AMD and not the default ones from debian and those were built with those options enabled and debian default one was not (or they were put in distinct packages).

Anyway, neither of those platforms are ROCM so it’s technically not the official AMD stack for that GPU (or rather the official AMD stack that could run on that GPU since officially AMD only supports their “pro” cards for ROCM).

The fact RustiCL got installed is nice though because you can maybe use that.
try to export RUSTICL_ENABLE=radeonsi and then in the same terminal run clinfo again.

The other platform it installed (Clover), I wouldn’t bother with. At least here (on a intel gpu, so not 100% comparable), it doesn’t support all the features needed by fosphor.

I’m not 100% sure of the required command line to install ROCM. The ones you pasted before (without the legacy opencl) seemed like a better bet. It wasn’t working ?

EDIT: Upon checking debian bookwork packages mesa-opencl-icd is what you’d have to install in debian 12 to get rusticl stack. But this is just FYI, now that you got it through the amdgpu thing, it’s best not to mix the two … The AMD installer kind of “takes over” and only if you go through the uninstall can you then use normal debian packages for mesa/gpu stuff again.

Yes, I just about missed your reply :slight_smile:

First of all, here’s the output from glxinfo:

name of display: :1.0display: :1 screen: 0direct rendering: Yesserver glx - Pastebin.com

and eglinfo:

EGL client extensions string: EGL_EXT_device_base EGL_EXT_device_enumeratio - Pastebin.com

Running glxgears and glxdemo was also successful.

The output of clinfo after running export RUSTICL_ENABLE=radeonsi is:

Platform Extensions with Version                cl_khr_icd                                                       0x400000 (1.0.0)

NULL platform behavior
  clGetDeviceIDs(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ALL, ...)   <error: 0 devices, multiple matching platforms!>
  clCreateContext(NULL, ...) [other]              <error: no devices in non-default plaforms>
  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_DEFAULT)  No devices found in platform
  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ACCELERATOR)  No devices found in platform
  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CUSTOM)  No devices found in platform

ICD loader properties

I’m not 100% sure of the required command line to install ROCM. The ones you pasted before (without the legacy opencl) seemed like a better bet. It wasn’t working ?

I haven’t tried that one yet. When I first installed it I thought the opencl flag was necessary.

Upon checking debian bookwork packages mesa-opencl-icd is what you’d have to install in debian 12 to get rusticl stack. But this is just FYI

Thanks for looking that up, you have a great overview over all of this :slight_smile:

Yeah, looking at the two info dumps you can see stuff like :

• OpenGL renderer string: llvmpipe (LLVM 15.0.6, 256 bits)
  • EGL driver name: kms_swrast

So it’s a pure software implementation, not using the GPU and that’s most likely because you’re using some virtual VNC server and it has no proper GPU surface.

So moving to a local setup and get it working first there and then maybe after trying to translate it to a remote one would be a best approach.

I’m not 100% sure why rusticl wouldn’t find the GPU though, that should be independent.

Can you check which DRI drivers are present ?
List files in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gallium-pipe/ and /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/ ( I think those are the path on debian … search for dri directory and gallium-pipe under /usr/lib or something if those path have nothing ).

You can also try RUSTICL_ENABLE=llvmpipe this will enable rusticl running on the software gallium driver which in effect makes it a CPU implementation of OpenCL.

Might also be a permission issue at this point. The user running those scripts should be in the group “video” and maybe also “render”.

You could try (as a test! not for usage!) to run clinfo as root temporarily.

Here’s .../gallium-pipe/:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8246000 Mar 22 11:18 pipe_crocus.so
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   13864 Mar 22 11:18 pipe_i915.so
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8352696 Mar 22 11:18 pipe_iris.so
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7228600 Mar 22 11:18 pipe_nouveau.so
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5485728 Mar 22 11:18 pipe_r300.so
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 6021760 Mar 22 11:18 pipe_r600.so
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7332880 Mar 22 11:18 pipe_radeonsi.so
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5588024 Mar 22 11:18 pipe_swrast.so
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5487312 Mar 22 11:18 pipe_vmwgfx.so

and here’s .../dri/:

total 404984
-rw-r--r-- 13 root root 25762552 Mar 22 11:18 crocus_dri.so
-rw-r--r-- 13 root root 25762552 Mar 22 11:18 d3d12_dri.so
-rw-r--r--  5 root root 12703584 Mar 22 11:18 d3d12_drv_video.so
-rw-r--r-- 13 root root 25762552 Mar 22 11:18 i915_dri.so
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  1751600 Jul 11  2020 i965_drv_video.so
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 14488216 Feb 18  2023 iHD_drv_video.so
-rw-r--r-- 13 root root 25762552 Mar 22 11:18 iris_dri.so
-rw-r--r-- 13 root root 25762552 Mar 22 11:18 kms_swrast_dri.so
-rw-r--r-- 13 root root 25762552 Mar 22 11:18 nouveau_dri.so
-rw-r--r--  5 root root 12703584 Mar 22 11:18 nouveau_drv_video.so
-rw-r--r-- 13 root root 25762552 Mar 22 11:18 r300_dri.so
-rw-r--r-- 13 root root 25762552 Mar 22 11:18 r600_dri.so
-rw-r--r--  5 root root 12703584 Mar 22 11:18 r600_drv_video.so
-rw-r--r-- 13 root root 25762552 Mar 22 11:18 radeonsi_dri.so
-rw-r--r--  5 root root 12703584 Mar 22 11:18 radeonsi_drv_video.so
-rw-r--r-- 13 root root 25762552 Mar 22 11:18 swrast_dri.so
-rw-r--r-- 13 root root 25762552 Mar 22 11:18 virtio_gpu_dri.so
-rw-r--r--  5 root root 12703584 Mar 22 11:18 virtio_gpu_drv_video.so
-rw-r--r-- 13 root root 25762552 Mar 22 11:18 vmwgfx_dri.so
-rw-r--r-- 13 root root 25762552 Mar 22 11:18 zink_dri.so

You could try (as a test! not for usage!) to run clinfo as root temporarily

Tried that and I wasn’t able find a difference compared to running clinfo as my standard user. To be sure, here’s the output anyway :slight_smile:

NULL platform behavior

ICD loader properties

Additionally please keep in mind that I won’t be able to reply until Monday. That’s when I can also test the local screen setup. Thank you two for all your help so far :slight_smile:

Try this too :

export RUSTICL_ENABLE=llvmpipe
clinfo

Also when trying as root, don’t use sudo clinfo because sudo will reset the environment variable, so you need to sudo -s to get a shell as root, then redo the export ... and then try clinfo.

[edit because of typo]

Here’s the output of clinfo after running export RUSTICL_ENABLE=llvmpipe:

Number of platforms                               2

Number of devices                                 1
  Device Name                                     llvmpipe (LLVM 15.0.6, 256 bits)
  Device Vendor                                   Mesa/X.org
  Device Vendor ID                                0
  Device Version                                  OpenCL 3.0
  Device Numeric Version                          0xc00000 (3.0.0)
  Driver Version                                  22.3.6
  Device OpenCL C Version                         OpenCL C 1.2
  Device OpenCL C all versions                    OpenCL C                                                         0xc00000 (3.0.0)
                                                  OpenCL C                                                         0x402000 (1.2.0)
                                                  OpenCL C                                                         0x401000 (1.1.0)
                                                  OpenCL C                                                         0x400000 (1.0.0)
  Device OpenCL C features                        __opencl_c_int64                                                 0x400000 (1.0.0)
                                                  __opencl_c_images                                                0x400000 (1.0.0)
                                                  __opencl_c_3d_image_writes                                       0x400000 (1.0.0)
  Latest conformance test passed                  v0000-01-01-00
  Device Type                                     CPU
  Device Profile                                  FULL_PROFILE
  Device Available                                Yes
  Compiler Available                              Yes
  Linker Available                                Yes
  Max compute units                               8
  Max clock frequency                             300MHz
  Device Partition                                (core)
    Max number of sub-devices                     0
    Supported partition types                     None
    Supported affinity domains                    (n/a)
  Max work item dimensions                        3
  Max work item sizes                             1024x1024x1024
  Max work group size                             1024
  Preferred work group size multiple (device)     32
  Preferred work group size multiple (kernel)     32
  Max sub-groups per work group                   0
  Preferred / native vector sizes
    char                                                 1 / 1
    short                                                1 / 1
    int                                                  1 / 1
    long                                                 1 / 1
    half                                                 0 / 0        (n/a)
    float                                                1 / 1
    double                                               0 / 0        (n/a)
  Half-precision Floating-point support           (n/a)
  Single-precision Floating-point support         (core)
    Denormals                                     No
    Infinity and NANs                             Yes
    Round to nearest                              Yes
    Round to zero                                 No
    Round to infinity                             No
    IEEE754-2008 fused multiply-add               No
    Support is emulated in software               No
    Correctly-rounded divide and sqrt operations  No
  Double-precision Floating-point support         (n/a)
  Address bits                                    64, Little-Endian
  Global memory size                              2147483648 (2GiB)
  Error Correction support                        No
  Max memory allocation                           2147483648 (2GiB)
  Unified memory for Host and Device              Yes
  Shared Virtual Memory (SVM) capabilities        (core)
    Coarse-grained buffer sharing                 No
    Fine-grained buffer sharing                   No
    Fine-grained system sharing                   No
    Atomics                                       No
  Minimum alignment for any data type             128 bytes
  Alignment of base address                       4096 bits (512 bytes)
  Preferred alignment for atomics
    SVM                                           0 bytes
    Global                                        0 bytes
    Local                                         0 bytes
  Atomic memory capabilities                      relaxed, work-group scope
  Atomic fence capabilities                       relaxed, acquire/release, work-group scope
  Max size for global variable                    0
  Preferred total size of global vars             0
  Global Memory cache type                        None
  Image support                                   Yes
    Max number of samplers per kernel             32
    Max size for 1D images from buffer            134217728 pixels
    Max 1D or 2D image array size                 2048 images
    Base address alignment for 2D image buffers   0 bytes
    Pitch alignment for 2D image buffers          0 pixels
    Max 2D image size                             16384x16384 pixels
    Max 3D image size                             2048x2048x2048 pixels
    Max number of read image args                 128
    Max number of write image args                64
    Max number of read/write image args           0
  Pipe support                                    No
  Max number of pipe args                         0
  Max active pipe reservations                    0
  Max pipe packet size                            0
  Local memory type                               Global
  Local memory size                               32768 (32KiB)
  Max number of constant args                     1024
  Max constant buffer size                        134217728 (128MiB)
  Generic address space support                   No
  Max size of kernel argument                     1576 (1.539KiB)
  Queue properties (on host)
    Out-of-order execution                        No
    Profiling                                     Yes
  Device enqueue capabilities                     (n/a)
  Queue properties (on device)
    Out-of-order execution                        No
    Profiling                                     No
    Preferred size                                0
    Max size                                      0
  Max queues on device                            0
  Max events on device                            0
  Prefer user sync for interop                    Yes
  Profiling timer resolution                      0ns
  Execution capabilities
    Run OpenCL kernels                            Yes
    Run native kernels                            No
    Non-uniform work-groups                       No
    Work-group collective functions               No
    Sub-group independent forward progress        No
    IL version                                    (n/a)
    ILs with version                              (n/a)
  printf() buffer size                            1048576 (1024KiB)
  Built-in kernels                                (n/a)
  Built-in kernels with version                   (n/a)
  Device Extensions                               cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_3d_image_writes
  Device Extensions with Version                  cl_khr_byte_addressable_store                                    0x400000 (1.0.0)
                                                  cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics                                 0x400000 (1.0.0)
                                                  cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics                             0x400000 (1.0.0)
                                                  cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics                                  0x400000 (1.0.0)
                                                  cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics                              0x400000 (1.0.0)
                                                  cl_khr_3d_image_writes                                           0x400000 (1.0.0)

NULL platform behavior
  clGetDeviceIDs(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ALL, ...)   Success [MESA]
  clCreateContext(NULL, ...) [default]            Success [MESA]
  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU)  Success (1)
    Platform Name                                 rusticl
    Device Name                                   llvmpipe (LLVM 15.0.6, 256 bits)
  clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ALL)  Success (1)
    Platform Name                                 rusticl
    Device Name                                   llvmpipe (LLVM 15.0.6, 256 bits)

ICD loader properties

Other than that, I am now able to run Fosphor :partying_face: The fosphor sinks from gr-fosphor now run successfully, even over VNC, when exporting the variable above beforehand.

Next step is now executing the FPGA implementation but it seems like the Fosphor Display block isn’t available in GR 3.10.7 yet :frowning: https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/tree/maint-3.10/gr-uhd/grc

Just out of curiosity, I’ve seen on the gr-fosphor GitHub that there are different colormaps available for Fosphor. How can I change the displayed colormap?

Glad to hear you got fosphor running. Although llvmpipe is basically CPU meaning it might be slow/use a lot of CPU, not sure what your target sample rate is, but might be worth continuing debug to see if getting it to run on the GPU is possible.

Yeah, the RFNoC fosphor display block isn’t in GR 3.10 and even then AFAIK it’s buggy in main … I need to look at that and also have the name changed to more clearly differentiate between RFNoC fosphor and the gr-fosphor.

Currently there isn’t really multiple color map supported except changing the code.

Although llvmpipe is basically CPU meaning it might be slow/use a lot of CPU, not sure what your target sample rate is, but might be worth continuing debug to see if getting it to run on the GPU is possible.

Yes, as of right now my fosphor flowgraph is very CPU heavy. I am able to make it run smoothly by reducing the input sample rate luckily. Gonna look into using the GPU soon.

Yeah, the RFNoC fosphor display block isn’t in GR 3.10 and even then AFAIK it’s buggy in main

That’s unfortunate to hear. I’m currently trying to port the GR 3.8 version of the block from gr-ettus (https://github.com/EttusResearch/gr-ettus/blob/maint-3.8-uhd4.0/include/ettus/fosphor_display.h) to GR 3.10 y myself but ran into an issue I wasn’t able to solve yet. You haven’t encountered something along the lines of recursively required by substitution of ‘template<class T> class in relation to importing QT classes while building the Fosphor .so by chance? :smiley:

Other than that, I want to thank you again for your help